17 April 2011

Update 17 April

The main focus in the last two weeks has been to get ahead with exercises. At this stage, keen to get something assessed to see if I am on right lines.

On 9 April, went with my wife Sue to Tog Hill to take the horizon positioning images. Three days later the weather was so beautiful I chose to go to Bath with Sue for the vertical framing exercise and took some great images for the assignment. One thing that is definitely going well is the choice of subjects for exercises; this may become more difficult (or perhaps revisiting some again) over time.

I shall be going to Romania on 29 April and intention is certainly to get the assignment to Russell by then. Plan to look through next section of the course before going so as to see the possibilities of using the Carpathian Mountains as source of material.


I am still a member of Hanham Photographic Society until end April and have found out that I have won the digital imaging competition for highest aggregate score over four competitions in the winter. The latest competition did not go well- chose the wrong images to enter.