30 December 2011

Update 30 December

Spending time preparing for South Africa trip mainly.

Have checked on requirements for submission of work for assessment. Consensus seems to be that it is OK simply to provide the blog address, although some advice on the forum (and from tutor) is to provide additional data - images in fine resolution or (as someone else has suggested) converting blog to pdf and submitting. It appears though that he has other information not on the blog; I have everything on the blog, deliberately so that would not have to spend time redoing the presentation once completed the coursework and assignments.

Tutor advice is:

I would certainly submit a disc of higher resolution images for any assessment.

And fom online tutor:


You should link the blog images to higher rez versions, say 1024 pixels on the longest size.

But to be honest, I don't see why this is necessary. My images are all saved as low res in order to upload and cannot now recreate. In any case, a right click on an image gives the option to open in a new window and the resultant image is comfortable larger than 1024 pixels on longest side.

Other advice is:

Hi Chris I sent the OCA a CD containing my tutor reports and also included info on how to navigate my blog and the URL link for them to access it on the web. The assessors seemed more than happy to receive my work in that format.

Good luck!

This accords with my view exactly although will think about saving hi res images for next course.